States Friendliest to Cannabis: July 4th Infographic

Pin It

A nationwide graphic, showing the states friendliest to cannabis! Not surprisingly, Oregon ranks near the top. For a complete breakdown, visit Estately.com and

These Are the Most Marijuana-Enthused States in America.

Their decision is based on these 5 criteria:

  • Marijuana users—percentage of people reporting marijuana use in the previous month (source: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration)
  • Marijuana affordability—average cost of high quality and low quality marijuana (source: PriceofWeed.com)
  • Interest in Marijuana—Cannabis-related Google searches (source: Google Trends)
  • Legal status of marijuana—recreational, medicinal, decriminalized, illegal (source: Drug Policy Alliance)
  • Publicly expressed interest in Marijuana—Facebook interest in marijuana-themed publications—High Times, Cannabis Now Magazine, 420 Magazine, Cannabis Culture, SKUNK Magazine (source: Facebook user data)

 

MArijuana-map-RE. states friendliest to cannabis
states friendliest to cannabis
3. OREGON

“Perhaps the reason Oregon only ranks only 17th in cannabis-related Google searches is because the state’s marijuana knowledge is more nuanced, more rooted in the past (1960s). Marijuana is both legal and plentiful in Oregon, and it’s also home to the cheapest weed in the country. Pot smokers make up 9.80% of the population, but maybe the other 90.2% just don’t realize what a bargain it is in Oregon?”

Full Chart link here:

Marijuana-Chart. states friendliest to cannabis
Marijuana-Chart. states friendliest to cannabis

OCC Staff

Oregon Cannabis Connections capable staff or contributors. Contributors names will be noted. OCCNewspaper.com, covering the Oregon Cannabis Community and beyond, since 2010!

occ-staff has 127 posts and counting.See all posts by occ-staff