Stoney Spinach Bites
By Dani B.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted canna butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 10oz. Packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 8oz. box herb seasoned stuffing mix (do not precook)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium pan, saute the chopped onion in the canna butter until soft and translucent (about 5 minutes).
2. Add the garlic and continue cooking for another minute. Remove pan from heat and allow to cool. Meanwhile, remove excess water from thawed spinach by pressing between paper towels.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the spinach, stuffing mix, eggs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and the onion, garlic, canna butter mixture. Combine well. Using your hands, roll the mixture into 1-inch balls.
4. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for about 15 – 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool slightly and serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Yields about 18 – 24 bites.