This is a popular Christmas time recipe that you can find many variations of. We do not make muffins for retail sale as the airy texture creates too high of a risk of mold if not stored correctly.
For cupcakes to last more than a week they must be frozen or have extra preservatives which takes away moisture and taste. That is why you should be very careful to inspect any muffin products you purchase, not just cannabis muffins.
Muffins are a perfect and easy make it yourself medible. You will need to know how much of your oil or butter infused with cannabis to use to dose these treats for your level of need. This recipe makes 10 muffins so use as much of your cannabis oil or butter as you need to make your dosage.
If you are a beginner shoot for a 100 MG’s of THC dosages or the equivalent of ½ a gram in each piece. This is also 10 grams of cannabis for the whole recipe. Multiply to your needed dosage or email us for help at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you used 20- 22 grams of bud (at 20-22 %THC) per finished cup of oil/butter the recipe as it is written below you should have around 80- 120 MG‘s of THC per muffin. This is not exact so be careful and try small amounts if you are unsure.
For the Streusel:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter, 3 tablespoon canna butter or canna oil
For the Muffins:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 large egg
- 5 tablespoons canna butter or canna oil, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Eggnog Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons eggnog
- Pinch of nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with good quality muffin tins, don’t skim here! Put aside.
2. Make the streusel topping. In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the butter and rub all together with your fingers until mixture looks like crumbs. Put aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients- flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Put aside.
4. In a medium bowl, combine wet ingredients- eggnog, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk till smooth. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Careful to not over mix.
5. Place 1 tablespoon of muffin batter in each prepared muffin cup. Top with 1 teaspoon of streusel. Add more batter to cover the streusel, about a heaping teaspoon. Top muffins with remaining streusel.
6. Bake muffins for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let muffins cool to room temperature on cooling rack or counter, open not covered.
7. While the muffins are cooking, make the eggnog glaze. In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, eggnog, and pinch of nutmeg. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle glaze over the muffins.
Keep muffins in dry cool area for optimal taste.
Note: Please keep away from children and label that they are medicated to avoid accidental eating.