By Kristi Anderson
NOTE: This make s a lot and can be cut in half.
- 1/2 gallon (64 fl oz) of U.S.P. Food Grade Glycerin
- 84 grams (3 oz) of trimmings (or 70g/2.5oz if using quality buds)
- A coffee herb grinder or any other object to finely grind your ganja
- A crock pot with a very low setting
- Cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer
Grind marijuana in coffee grinder, briefly, or longer in a food grinder, you want a roughly ground product, not a powder. You don’t want any buds left, but not a powder either.
Set the crock pot to low. If possible, keep the crock pot on a ‘Keep Warm’ setting; some crock pots will burn the tincture even at a low setting so take warning!
Stir product once every hour or so. Watch for burning!
After 24 hours, let cool to room temperature and strain through cheesecloth (4 layers is usually good). Store in refrigerator in convenient container or even the same glycerin bottles.