Once again the preeminent cannabis trade show will be in Portland the first week of August at the Portland Expo Center. INDO EXPO will be the weekend of August 4th and 5th and promises to be the best event yet! The show focuses on cannabis growing in the areas of soil, lights, greenhouses, trimmers, nutrients, extractors and more, but they also have quite a few ancillary businesses like magazines, attorneys, accountants and others.
Chris Olson, the event founder, has found Portland to be a perfect city to host their event due to its central west coast location which allows easy travel for attendees. They also hold events in Denver and San Francisco, and Portland seems ideal considering the burgeoning industry here and the great location.
They expect over 5,000 attendees and will have over 300 exhibitors at their Portland show. They will showcase the latest in extraction technology, growing supplies, mediums, automation equipment, Industrial Hemp and Ancillary Cannabis businesses such as Legal, HVAC, IT, Packaging, Labeling, Security, Real Estate, Brokers and Consultants, and much more.
This is great perfect opportunity for growers to stock up on useful and innovative products and make important business connections before harvest season. INDO EXPO prides themselves on being a networking hub for cutting edge companies and cannabis education. Over 20 seminars will run during the event, focusing on cultivation, education, legal issues, the future and more.
Just a few of the speakers include:
- Jody Vukas with Smart Grow Pros- Design & Operational Specialist on “Designing the Future”
- Sarah Brackman with BioSafe Systems LLC, Todd Statzer with urban-gro, Inc., Briggs Lipsitz, with Natural Enemies LLC on “Designing Crop Protection and IPM Strategies for Commercial Cannabis Cultivation”
- Kimberly Stuck with Allay Consulting LLC on “FDA Compliance and food safety”
- John R. Andrzejczak, P.E. With Pressure Safety Inspectors (PSI) on “2018 National Fire Codes for Cannabis Extraction”
- Josh Jones, Ph.D. with Jonesing Labs, LLC on “Scaling-up Cannabis Extraction & Refining Methods”
- Sunny Kaercher with Miller Soils on “Dive in to the Rhizosphere; the importance of soil-root-microbe interactions”
INDO EXPO invites all qualified buyers/growers to pre-register for complimentary admission. This includes producers, processors, retailers, and all other cannabis professionals. On Saturday August 4th they invite industry professionals for all the events from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. On Sunday August 5th they open it up to the general public, as well for events from 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. On Site ticket sales and more information is available at INDOEXPO.COM.