The OLCC is slowly getting applications processed. Since there’s no patients involved, they are not in any particular hurry! To date, the OLCC has received 977 applications for Recreational Marijuana Licenses…they have approved 26 licenses. These are all producers (growers) so far, and a single wholesaler, who is also a producer, Kit Johnson of MariCo Farms in Yamhill County.
OLCC News Release:
May 20, 2016, Portland, Oregon – The Oregon Liquor Control Commission has approved 14 Recreational Marijuana producer and wholesale licenses.
The producer licensees include:
- Kit Johnston, (MariCo Farms) – Mixed, Tier 2, Yamhill County
- Sol-Sisters, Inc. (Sol-Sisters) – Outdoor, Tier 2, Polk County
- Mountain Sun Botanicals, Inc. (Mountain Sun Botanicals) – Mixed, Tier 2, Jackson County
- Oregon Grown Organics LLC, David Tourzan (Oregon Grown Organics) – Mixed, Tier 2, Jackson County
- Oregon Roots Inc. (Oregon Roots) – Mixed, Tier 2, Washington County
- Pilot Farms, LLC, Matthew A. Dolinar (Pilot Farms) – Outdoor, Tier 2, Jackson County
- Harlen Magnie, Thomas Pretorius (H&H Gardens) – Outdoor, Tier 2, Jackson County
- Patricia Downing (Elvenwood Enterprises, LLC) – Outdoor, Tier 1, Josephine County
- Trichomes Gardens Limited, James Newgard (Trichomes Garden) – Outdoor, Tier 2, Washington County
- Jefferson State Farms LLC, Benjamin Yuma (Jefferson State Farms LLC) – Outdoor, Tier 2, Jackson County
- Oregon Roots Inc., James Stitch, Trichomes Gardens Limited, James Newgard (Oregon Roots) – Outdoor, Tier 2, Washington County
- Trailhead Farms LLC, Dave Henderson, Terry McDowell (Trail Head Farms) – Outdoor, Tier 1, Hood River County
- The Clone Brothers, LLC (The Clone Brothers) – Outdoor, Tier 2, Clackamas County
The licensees approved today include Tier 1 and Tier 2 outdoor and mixed cultivation growers. Tier 1 outdoor growers are allowed to have a plant canopy up to 20,000 square feet, and Tier 2 outdoor growers are allowed to have a plant canopy between 20,001 to 40,000 square feet. Mixed cultivation growers are allowed to have a combined indoor and outdoor canopy using a ratio so the total canopy does not exceed the tier designation.
The annual fee for Tier 1 growers is $3,750, and the annual fee for Tier 2 growers is $5,750.
The wholesale licensee is:
- Kit Johnston, (Marico Farms) – Yamhill County
The annual license fee wholesalers, labs, processors, and retailers is $4,750.
To date the OLCC has received 977 applications for Recreational Marijuana Licenses and the Commission has approved 26 licenses.