- 2 pounds (12 to 15 per pound) shrimp in the shell
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted canna butter, at room temperature
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 extra-large egg yolk
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Directions: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Peel, devein, and butterfly the shrimp, leaving the tails on. Place the shrimp in a mixing bowl and toss gently with the olive oil, wine, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Allow to sit at room temperature while you make the butter and garlic mixture.
In a small bowl, mash the softened canna butter with the garlic, shallots, parsley, rosemary, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolk, panko, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper until combined.
Starting from the outer edge of a 14-inch oval baking dish, arrange the shrimp in a single layer cut side down with the tails curling up and towards the center of the dish. Pour the remaining marinade over the shrimp. Spread the butter mixture evenly over the shrimp. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until hot and bubbly. If you like the top browned, place under a broiler for 1 minute. Serve with lemon wedges.